Manuport Agency in Brest : an expert in cargo and container operations
At the crossroads between the Channel and Atlantic maritime areas, with free access to the sea, the port of Brest is at the heart of European transport networks. 150 to 200 ships use the Ushant Traffic Separation Scheme daily.
As a major commercial port and naval repair site on a regional and national level, it is a major asset for the Breton economy. Located in the Bay of Brest, the regional port of Brest processes 3 million tonnes of cargo.
The port covers an area of around 220 hectares with a commercial berth of 4,000 linear metres, a berth of 800 linear metres dedicated to repairs as well as three dry docks. One of the three dry docks is one of the largest in Europe and can accommodate super tankers, container ships or the latest generation of cruise ships.
It is the leading Breton port for container traffic and the first French ship repair site.
Founded in 1984 in Brest, the MANUPORT maritime agency has now become an expert in cargo and container operations.
We are specialised in handling containers, project cargo, heavy lifts as well as general cargo. We also deal with logistics on land.
Our services include cargo loading and unloading of the ships and warehousing in secured indoor and outdoor storage facilities.
In recent years, MANUPORT has also built up solid experience in Marine Renewable Energy cargo (onshore/offshore turbines).
- AEO : Authorized Economic Operator
Our resources as well as those of the port
Multimodal container terminal
- 50,000 sqm of outdoor storage facilities
- 1 RoRo linkspan (roll on, roll off)
- 4 mobile cranes for handling containers
- Nearly 350 electrical outlets for refrigerated containers
- Railway connection
- Multi-bulk warehouses (storage capacity of more than 150,000 tons in warehouses owned by the French Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the storage company SOBRESTOCK)
- Customs-bonded warehouse in compliance with the ISPS code
- Outdoor warehouse facilities in compliance with the ISPS code
- Stock management
- 35,000 TEUs/year
- 100,000T per year of general cargo
- 100 calls/year
Address / Contact details
Bureaux entrée terminal multimodal
Avenue de Kiel -29200 BREST
Ph : +33 (0)2 98 43 05 50 - Fax : +33 (0)2 98 80 75 27
Ph : +33 (0)2 98 43 83 42 - +33 (0)6 13 54 2829